Thursday, December 24, 2015

My anime story

     Even though I was born a few years before the turn of the century I would still classify myself as a '90's kid. My family was a little behind the times because we preferred to wait until the price went down before buying something new, especially electronics.
     As youngsters my little brother and I were no into many video games besides those made for the PC. It wasn't until 2nd grade that we got our first Game Boy Advance, at a time when the X-Box 360 was making it's debut. As a result my first video game was Pokémon Red, a game that was almost as old as me. I was officially thrust into the wide world of Nintendo at the ripe old age of eight. With my new-found interest in Pokémon came a small exposure to anime (sorry Pokémon doesn't count as a real anime in my books).
     I soon became enthralled with the manga art style and checked out books from the library so I could learn to draw manga style. However, I did not start watching anime until much later. I remember seeing merchandise from Naruto and Avatar: The Last Airbender in stores and thinking, "What is that?!". Avatar teeters on the border between anime and not-anime, so I'd have to say that my first true anime was Naruto. Thanks to my best friend and neighbor I was pulled in with no hope of return.
     Next came Bleach, which caught my brother's attention (he had also seen Avatar, but it would be a couple years before he would admit to seeing Naruto) and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Following were shows like Ao no Exorcist (also called Blue Exorcist), Fruits Basket, Sword Art Online, and  Akatsuki no Yona (or Yona of the Dawn).
     My top three anime (in no particular order of importance) are Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Yona of the Dawn, and Fruits Basket. Akagami no Shirayukihime follows as a close fourth.
     If you would like, please comment below what your favorite anime are. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell

 Title: The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell Genre: Fantasy/Fairytale retelling Length: 300+ pages General Set Up: Reveka is an herbalist...