Sunday, April 24, 2016

My manga story

     Like I have described before (read my anime story here), I was fascinated by the manga style of drawing from early on. However, I didn't start reading manga until the very end of middle school. My friends introduced me to Library Wars (note: there is an anime, but it is rather bland and not as good). This was the first manga I had read. After that I would usually read manga if I had enjoyed the anime. So, by principle, I watch the anime first and read the manga later. This is especially true if the anime only covers a portion of the story line and I am dying to find out what happens next. But, having read the manga beforehand makes watching the anime more enjoyable because the characters you know and love are suddenly able to come to life and are so much more intense.
     
     Yesterday I finished the last volume of Library Wars, my first manga. It was a bitter-sweet experience. While I was eager to discover the exciting conclusion I was also sad that the story was going to end. When I first started reading the series only five or so volumes had come out. That number has grown to 15 volumes total. Now that the series is complete I would like to go back and re-read it all at once, to get the full grasp of the story's journey. One thing is for sure, Library Wars will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell

 Title: The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell Genre: Fantasy/Fairytale retelling Length: 300+ pages General Set Up: Reveka is an herbalist...